Thursday 14 April 2011

medical schmedical

This summer i may be one step closer to finding Clooney!!! I'm going to the USAiiiii! (he'll probs be in lake como as usual but whatevs)
I am very excited about this, especially since i went to my oldie bestie local pub with my oldie bestie Hanhan the other night and we talked about our trip and how we do really need to get on with booking things.
But anyway, i seem to have mainly written about having fun recently and am acutely aware that very few medical references have been made.
Well, to be honest i have found the gastro-intestinal tract not my favourite part of the body. Especially when our anatomy demonstrator (so calm, so kind) is chopping up poo-filled bits of duodenum and making us clean them out as punishment for not watching closely enough during dissection...
I sent a text to a few of my friends saying this,
'if youre ever having a bad day, be thankful youre not cleaning out a dead persons dissected intestines and having to poke poo lumps down the plughole with your finger'
i take my own advice occasionally when im feeling miserable, and am thankful that i am not back at that sink......
But that is the last dissection i will be doing for a while at least. WE.HAVE.FINISHED this year.
again i will say, what a joke. we still have 2 'early experience' visits to gps/hospitals and a few straggling lectures from when the lecturers were striking about their pensions, but it is the 14th april and i am on holiday!
this means i should be doing some work, but i am taking a (self awarded) well deserved break!! i have my anatomy book here so will have a gander at that, and i also have some of my case notes so might look at those, but i am content with doing practically nothing, for today at least!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment