Sunday 24 January 2010

Wooooaaah, Wooaaahh, If you can't find the way........look to US


Christmas was brilliant. It wasn’t quite white on the day but afterwards it was like a million cloud sheep were sheared over Btown...
New Year is ALWAYS a flopppp, getting tickets for a B.I.G night relies on someone who is inevitably waiting on someone else....then it sells out and we're all disappointed. This year instead of night I booked tickets for I booked tickets for a train to London. Its homegirl time.
We went for drinks, and 'had a few' but got super jolly and giggly and spilled beans which are usually kept firmly tinned. We had a fry up at Joe's, the best greasy spoon in the world, which does exceptional filter coffee and even better mushroom/beans/black pudding/eggs(any kind)/toast/hash browns...you get the picture.
We went ice-skating on New Years Eve in front of the tower of London. I fell over and bashed my bumbone so so badly I walked like a cowboy for days after. But it was great. We shook our fists at a small boy wearing orange that cut everyone up constantly. I have never been more torn between doing the right thing i.e. ignoring him, and TAKING HIM OUT WITH THE BLADE OF MY SKATE. GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
When we got back to the crib in Stoke Newington where we were staying we decided a gourmet dinner really was the only option for NYE...we spent £40 on deli produce from Sainsbury’s. Plus a bottle of sparkling plus some ingredients for the cocktail of the night- MOJITOOOOOSSS!!
It was so nice watching the countdown of the TOP TUNES OF 2009, getting ready, makeup after many drinks= interesting.
Whilst we were getting ready Bman was on music video duty, and whilst I was rooting for JLS, Skelskel insisted on Chipmunk.... (I’m sure its Jay from S Club 8)
But there’s a great photo of us all shouting the opening 'WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH' and chipmunking with our hands. This was before we were really drunk!
We went for Mexican bar drinks and made our resolutions...now forgotten...queued for a club that almost certainly wasn’t going to let us in and ended up in a Pub. iT was BrilLIant.
The next morning we officially brought the start of a New Year in by laughing so much that I thought I might wee myself as my friend Hanskel said- 'How did we get home'.....it was exactly what I was thinking, we laughed and laughed.





In hindsight I think we were still drunk.
I <3 Us

No comments:

Post a Comment